Friday, May 1, 2015

Week 6

This week has been full of surprises.  I first draw the plan for my box on my sheet of galvanized sheet metal.  I had some difficulties sheering the metal correct, but as soon as I corrected my mistake, I was well on my way to finishing my box.  The next step I had to complete was to shape my box, and make sure that the measurements were correct.  I learned how to use the Spot welder, which I later learned was used to form the body of cars.  My first time using the Spot Welder was unsuccessful, but I redeemed myself, and fixed my mistake.  The only downside to Spot Welding a second time was allowing holes to form in the box. The last step to completing my box was to make it look pretty.  I used a dark blue spray paint to finish my project, and I took it home.  I will be advancing to my second box today, but I will learn from the mistakes I made on my first box.

We currently produce electricity by using magnets, copper wires, motors, and coal.  Electricity is made by the magnets spinning and Charging the Electrons on the copper wire.  How do the magnets spin?  We use the coal to burn the water to change it into steam.  The steam then powers the motor to spin the magnets.  As the steam is changed back into water, the water is then reheated and used again.  This creates the circuit that creates electricity.   

No comments:

Post a Comment